Students at PCA&D are taught to take basic cautionary steps and use common sense, just as they would in any other urban environment. PCA&D has day and evening security to monitor our facilities while students use studio space. The college is an active member of downtown safety organizations, which employ additional police coverage in our area in the evening hours. In addition, the city's police headquarters is located across the street from the college.
If you have an emergency, dial 911
Non-emergency assistance or information
Lancaster City Police…..(717) 664-1180
Ambulance and Fire…...(717) 664-1190
Mental Health Services
College Advisor - (717) 396-7833, ext. 1012
Contact Lancaster Helpline - (717) 299-4855
Crisis Intervention - (717) 394-2631
Planned Parenthood - (717) 299-2891
Lancaster General Hospital - (717) 290-5511
Family First Medical Associates - (717) 299-4644
Urgent Care Lancaster - (717) 581-0538
PCA&D Ride Home Program
This service is for students who are working after class hours and would feel more comfortable taking a cab home instead of walking.
• This service is free to all PCA&D BFA students.
• Service will be available Monday through Friday from 6:45 p.m. until building closes; and Saturday from 5 p.m. until building closes.
• The ride home service is available only within Lancaster City limits, and only to your home or apartment.
• Should you need a ride home, you must notify the guard at least one hour prior to your planned departure. Show the guard your ID and write your name and address on the ride home report. Security personnel will call a cab for you.
• Please be ready to leave when the cab arrives at the requested time.
• When the cab arrives, you must show your ID to the cab driver. Security personnel will sign the charge slip for the driver.
Read Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s Annual Safety Report.