Designathon 2018: 24 hours for non-profits!
10th annual Designathon
February 23 & 24, 2018
Begins at 6 p.m. on 2/23/18
Over a 24 hour period…
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design students and faculty members and countless gallons of coffee will be tapped to create professional-quality design materials to benefit local non-profits during PCA&D’s 10th annual Designathon, scheduled for February 23 & 24, 2018, beginning at 6 p.m. February 23.
The 24-hour Designathon is an annual event held by the college’s American Institute of Graphic Arts Student Chapter (AIGA) that provides professional-quality design services at no charge to area non-profits and to the community-at-large. Students at PCA&D who participate in the Designathon gain real-world experience in creating projects for clients under a tight, 24-hour deadline. They learn that non-profits have very real marketing needs in order to be successful, and strong graphic design on well-organized collateral pieces are vital components in successful communications and marketing plans. More importantly, students experience the value of giving back to the community.
Want to be part of Designathon?
If you are a non-profit with the need for high-quality design work, you can submit an application to be part of Designathon. Here’s how:
- Complete the Designathon 2018 application and email to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design, by January 12, 2018
- If selected, send logos, photos and other pertinent material to Pam Barby by February 15.
- Send a representative or representatives to PCA&D on Friday, February 23, 6:00 p.m. to meet with your assigned student group and give a brief presentation about your organization and the design work you are requesting.
- The same representative(s) will need to return on Saturday, February 24, 4:00 p.m. for the student group presentation, to accept the completed project.
- Follow the visibility guidelines by sharing your participating in Designathon and giving credit to PCA&D students for their work. (Visibility Guidelines)
Questions about the application and process may be sent Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the visibility guidelines may be sent to Kathy Smyser, Director of Communications, email@example.com