All items must be checked out at the circulation desk.
Items should be returned to the circulation desk during library hours. A book-drop located outside the library is available for after-hours book returns.
All equipment and audio-visual items must be returned to the circulation desk.
- Books – 14 days; May be renewed 2 times for an additional two weeks each time.
- Audio-visual (DVD, VHS, CD, cassette) – 7 days; May be renewed 1 time for an additional 7 days.
- Magazines (back issues only) – 14 days; May be renewed 2 times for an additional two weeks each time.
- Reserved material (print and audio-visual) – Overnight – cannot be renewed. Must be checked out after 7:00 p.m. and returned before 9:00 a.m. the following day. May be checked out and used in the library during the day.
- Digital cameras (still and video) and tripods – Due the next day, 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library. May NOT be renewed.
- Other equipment available to students – Must be returned to the library 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library the day it was checked-out.
- Laptop computers, reference material, current magazines, special collection and archive collection – These resources may ONLY be used in the library.
Fines and Fees
- Books – $0.20/day
- Audio-visual (DVD, VHS, CD, cassette) – $0.50 for the first day; $1.00 a day thereafter
- Magazines – $0.20/day
- Reserved material – $5.00/day/material is considered late after 9:00 a.m. Fines will begin to incur immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Digital cameras (still and video) and tripods – $15.00 the first day overdue ; $20.00 a day there after.
- Other media available to students (such as; card readers, animation tables, flash drives, power cords) – $3.00/HOUR
In the case of all equipment, please confirm all contents are included before returning. Equipment WILL NOT be checked in until all contents are received. Fines will incur if the item becomes overdue before all parts are returned. Lost or damaged material will be replaced at the borrower’s expense.
A copier is available for use for a per-copy fee using your PaperCut account and your PCA&D identification card.
ALL MATERIAL MUST BE RETURNED AND ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE CLEARED AT THE END OF EACH SEMESTER.
Course Reserves Overview
To support the academic programs of Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, the library provides the maintenance and distribution of reserve resources. Instructors may place items on reserve to support course content. The print material must be checked out and returned to the circulation desk. DO NOT return any reserved items in the book drop.
Reserved books may be checked out overnight. They must be checked out, at the circulation desk, after 7:00 p.m. and returned, at the circulation desk, before 9:00 a.m. the following day. A limit of ONE reserve item may be checked out to any individual at any given time. Reserve material will incur a $5.00/day fine. Your PCA&D identification card is required to check out reserve books for use in the library.
On-campus and remote access to electronic reserves is available. Electronic reserves may be printed on campus, for an individual’s use, at a small fee through your PaperCut account.
Battery chargers DO NOT leave the library. If an item needs to be charged, it must be returned to the library for charging. In some instances, a replacement battery may be available.
Return all equipment to the circulation desk and make sure the attending librarian is aware of its return. Please notify the attending librarian of any problems you may have had while using the equipment.
In the case of all equipment, please confirm all contents are included before returning. Equipment WILL NOT be checked in until all contents are received. Fines will incur if the item becomes overdue before all parts are returned.
For all digital cameras, empty the memory before returning.
When using a laptop, files may be saved to the personal data storage device of your choice. To ensure your privacy, remove all files stored on the PCA&D laptop before returning it. The library staff is not responsible for any files remaining on the computer once it is returned to the library. All personal files on the PCA&D laptop will be routinely deleted.
If there are any problems with ANY equipment while it is being used, please call the IT Helpline at x1004.
NO Equipment should ever be left unattended; you assume financial responsibility as the borrower.
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s Library will periodically and randomly conduct assessment surveys of the services provided. Surveys will be presented to all users of the library, including faculty, students and staff. Survey results are analyzed and evaluated to improve the quality and type of services provided by the library.