Digital Design: Web Certificate
“I love the Continuing Education web certificate program because it gives me just the extra credibility that I need, and still have time to work and other leisures.” – Cooper Millholland, certificate graduate
- START DATES: February, July or September annually.
- LENGTH OF CERTIFICATE: as little as 6 months (average 12 months)
- COURSES TO COMPLETE: 4 classes total
- TUITION: $475/class
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s digital design certificate in web will teach you the principles of design and composition essential to effective design for the web. This series of design courses trains students on the software programs used to create websites for businesses, family, friends, or themselves. You can begin with Design Principles/Typography, laying the foundation for all future computer design work. Adobe Photoshop is introduced so that you learn to scan and enhance images. You will learn the basics of hyper text markup language (HTML) and cascading style sheets (CSS), which are critical to all web design projects. You can then choose to explore the fundamentals of interaction and responsive design, which is critical in a changing mobile web landscape or immerse yourself in WordPress, the world’s leading content management system. Skills and competencies students gain through this program include designing and building a website, and scanning, storing, and protecting images for use on the web.
Course of Study
- DES 150, Design Principles & Typography – tentatively scheduled Winter 2018
- DES 152, Adobe Photoshop – register today for the Fall 2017 session
- DES 155, HTML & Website Design – tentatively scheduled Winter 2018
- DES 165, UX/UI & Responsive Website Design – register today for the Fall 2017 session
- or DES 162, WordPress – register today for the Fall 2017 session
Some customization may be available based on student’s experience. Assuming sufficient enrollment in all courses as they are offered, it is possible to complete each of these 4 credit programs in three academic semesters. These courses are taught on Mac computers using Adobe software or other software according to the expertise of the instructor teaching the course you choose. NOTE: Basic computer skills are required and will not be covered in class.
To receive a Pennsylvania College of Art & Design Professional Certificate, students must:
- Enter the certificate program today – no entry fee
- Meet any other additional requirements specific to each program as indicated
- Achieve an overall 2.0 G.P.A. or better