Digital Marketing Professional Certificate
- START DATES: February, July or September annually.
- LENGTH OF CERTIFICATE: as little as 15 months (average 24 months)
- COURSES TO COMPLETE: 7 classes total
- TUITION: $430-460/class
In the Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s digital marketing professional certificate program, you will learn digital marketing essentials and strategies, HTML & CSS coding for modern web design, and the business practices necessary to run an effective business. Web design training includes the basics of hyper text markup language (HTML) and cascading style sheets (CSS), which are critical to all web design projects. Mastery of social media and online marketing tools and strategies is essential to successful business operations, you will learn the fundamentals of social media marketing. In Adobe Photoshop, you will learn the essentials of the industry standard image editing software. In Business Practices for Creatives you will better understand the best methods for creating, managing, and maintaining a design company.
Beyond the four required courses, certificate students must complete three additional credits through electives to customize their learning to fit their personal needs. You can learn the fundamentals of digital storytelling, understand strategies for web analytics, immerse yourself in mobile-friendly web design trends or WordPress (web-based content management software) and understand the theory of composition & more of the design industry in Design Principles & Typography.
Digital Marketing Professional Certificate Outcomes:
- Understand principles of design, typography and composition
- Optimize your use of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, your company’s website, and emerging social media platforms
- Learn fundamentals of website structure through hyper text markup language (HTML) coding
- Understand how to style and format text and page components through cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of social media efforts with analytics and metrics
- Learn best practices for running or founding a business in the creative industry
- Develop a business plan, negotiate contracts, navigate taxes and legal issues
- Deepen web skills through mobile-friendly design or immersion in WordPress, content management software
Course of study
4 CORE PROGRAM COURSES
- DES 200, Business Practices for Creatives
- DES 152, Adobe Photoshop (tentatively scheduled Fall 2017)
- DES 155, HTML & Website Design – register today for the Summer 2017 session
- SM 101, Intro to Social Media Marketing – register today for the Summer 2017 session
CHOOSE 3 ELECTIVES to customize
- DES 150, Design Principles & Typography – register today for the Summer 2017 session
- SM 102, Insights, Analytics & Strategies
- SM 105, Content Creation & Digital Storytelling
- DES 162, WordPress (tentatively scheduled Fall 2017)
- DES 164, Interaction & Responsive Design
All courses are 1 credit unless otherwise noted. A total of seven credits are required for completion of the Digital Marketing Professional Certificate Program.
To receive a Pennsylvania College of Art & Design Professional Certificate, students must:
- Enter the certificate program today – no entry fee
- Meet any other additional requirements specific to each program as indicated
- Achieve an overall 2.0 G.P.A. or better