May 4 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Free
Senior Show & Celebration 2018
Friday, May 4, 2018
- Senior Show & Celebration
- The 36th Commencement of Pennsylvania College of Art & Design will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 4th in the Palm Court at the DoubleTree Resort Lancaster, 2400 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17602. Graduating seniors will receive their Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in one of five majors: illustration, graphic design, fine arts, digital media, and photography, during the May 4th commencement ceremonies.
- The Senior Show & Celebration will be open to the Public, 5 – 8 p.m., at PCA&D, 204 N Prince Street, Lancaster.
- Family Preview, 4 – 5 p.m.
Senior Show and Celebration
Artwork will fill five floors of the Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, as the Class of 2018 exhibits professional-level senior thesis projects in a variety of media, the culminating work of PCA&D’s graduates. In addition, One piece of work from each graduating senior will be on display in PCA&D’s Main Gallery.
Families are invited to join their graduates for an exclusive look at the Family Preview from 4 – 5 p.m.
Following the Family Preview the College will open the Senior Show & Celebration to the public from 5 to 8 p.m. The community is invited to meet the artists, view the artwork and enjoy live music and refreshments. Many works are for sale at this event, often described as the largest annual one-day gallery event in Lancaster. Live music, refreshments, friends and family also make this celebration special and unique in Lancaster.
The first weekend in May is also Lancaster’s Art Walk, a self-guided tour of the downtown galleries in Lancaster city. PCA&D’s Main Gallery, featuring One piece of work from each graduating senior, will be open for Art Walk, and the public is invited to see our graduates’ work on Saturday, May 6 , from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, May 7, from noon – 4 p.m. The exhibit in PCA&D’s Main Gallery will be remain through the month of May.
Travel information for parents and families
- Printable directions and parking map
- Directions to PCA&D
- Information about lodging and restaurants:
Traditionally the Senior Show marketing design is selected from material submitted by PCA&D Seniors. This year’s design was created by Emily White, Graphic Design, Class of 2018. Emily was selected as runner-up in the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) association’s 2018 Young Designers Award Competition for cosmetic packaging design.