Creative Community Gathering – In Person
March 23, 6 – 7:30 pm at Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
Connect. Learn. Collaborate. Celebrate.
Over the past few months, a small but expanding group of creatives have been talking about the need for space to connect, give and receive support, and learn from peers. We’ve bounced around a variety of ideas and are humbling bringing you this prototype as the first creative community gathering.
- It’s necessary to increase the impact and influence of creatives within Lancaster and surrounding counties.
- It’s valuable and rewarding to give and receive feedback with other artists and designers.
- We need a local network to recruit talent and find opportunities – to connect employers, agencies and clients with entrepreneurs, contractors, and employment candidates
- It’s essential and motivating to be teachable and exercise and share our skills.
- Join us and help build something amazing that showcases and amplifies the energy, camaraderie, wisdom and skills of the creative talent within our region.
Gatherings will be a space to network, develop knowledge, skills and confidence, uncover business opportunities and collaborate to enrich the creative economy. Designers, artists, entrepreneurs, freelancers and creative business leaders of all kinds are invited to be part of this gathering. We’re especially grateful to the several individuals who have helped develop the program and will be facilitating small group discussions. This gathering is hosted by the Center for Creative Exploration at PA College of Art & Design.
Still Here, Still Creative: Schedule
Small Group Breakouts:
- Who are you?
- Give and Get: What do you have to offer? What do you need?
- Recent Projects
Welcome: Background of creative community meetups; chat introductions
Panel Discussion: What’s New? Evolving Your Creative Process? What’s Needed?
- Megan Zettlemoyer of Typothecary Letterpress and the Lancaster Print Crawl
- Ole Hongvanthong of PhotOle Photography
- Jade Cintron and Jose Guillermo Rodriguez Plaza of Teatro Paloma
Immediately following the program, an open forum for BIPOC artists and designers will take place.
***Can’t attend? Join the mailing list to get updates on the future events!***
Share this event with a friend