- Participate in a creative community
- Connect with the talented students and vibrant faculty at your alma mater
- Be part of Lancaster’s creative renaissance
- Mentor (PCA&D students) and be mentored (by PCA&D’s visiting artists)
- Invigorate your own professional practice
- PCA&D students will benefit from meeting and learning from a graduate who is actively working to take their practice further.
- The department will benefit by maintaining its connections with PCA&D alumni and keeping them involved.
- The resident will renew their connection to PCA&D’s creative community and have access to all building facilities, including full use of PCA&D’s printmaking facilities, digital print lab, and wood shop, and will receive studio space similar to those assigned to Senior Fine Artists.
- Applicants must be graduates from PCA&D or PSAD with a major in Fine Art.
- Alumni working in all media are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to locally based applicants.
- Residents will be expected to be on campus for at least 8 hours weekly.
- Applicants must be a willing mentor or role model for current students, and abide by all college policies and the Student Code of Conduct.
About The Residency
- The residency runs for the duration of the academic year, from the beginning of classes in late August 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- Studio Space: Resident receives a 4th-floor studio space and has access during building hours.
- College Access: Resident will have access to college facilities such as printmaking facilities, wood shop, and the digital print lab under the same conditions as students.
- Learning Opportunities: Residents receive at least one studio visit from a Visiting Artist, contingent on scheduling, to critique resident’s own work.
- Participate and Connect Residents will be invited to participate in classroom discussions and activities. Opportunity for stipends through participation in student critiques and reviews.
- Opportunity to attend lectures, events, and activities throughout the year.
- Housing Options: PCA&D does not provide housing. However, the Housing Office will provide assistance if requested.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 28, 2021
To apply for the PCA&D Alumni Residency, upload these documents and 10 images at our Google Forms page.
- Resume / CV (Word, Google Doc, or PDF)
- One-page statement (Word, Google Doc, or PDF) consisting of a short biography (tell us what you have accomplished since graduation); why you are interested in participating in this program; what you plan to work on at PCA&D (media, scale, concept); how you would interact with the PCA&D community.
- 10 digital samples of current work. (JPGS)
- 72 DPI around 800 x 1200 pixels
- A list of media, scale, and title that corresponds to the files. (Word, Google Doc, or PDF) APPLY HERE
(top photo: 2019-2020 Fine Art Resident Jason Herr)
The Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in compliance with all applicable laws in the admission of students, administration of programs, employment of faculty and staff, and any terms of instruction and employment. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) and gender non-binary persons to apply.