Abstract Drawing Workshop
Non-credit – Online
- Dates: April 20
- Mode: Online
- Hours of Engagement: 3
- Days: Tuesday, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Instructor: Justin Phillips
2 in stock
This online workshop will be part art history lecture and part creating art. We will begin by taking a brief survey into the history of abstract drawing and explore its uses as a tool for idea-building and as an art form. We will then dive into a few different abstract drawing exercises that are designed to invigorate your creativity and expand your horizons. This workshop is perfect for artists who are looking to add some new energy into their art practice, for professionals who are looking for creative exercises to cultivate outside-the-box problem-solving, and for anyone looking to “try-it” when thinking about an online studio art class.
This workshop will occur in Google Meet on Tuesday, April 20 at 6 PM. The instructor will record the workshop and this recording will be available in the Google Classroom along with all class documents and supplemental materials for student reference. The instructor will also be available to connect individually by student request for brief critiques or further explanations with students by student request.
- A Gmail.com email address – PCA&D uses Google Classroom for online classes. Gmail accounts are free to create.
- Computer/tablet/internet-enabled device with mic/camera
- Internet access
- Open mind and creative curiosity
- Pencils and eraser
- Additional drawing materials such as color pencils, pastels. Here are examples…
- 10 sheets of copy paper
- Notebook for note taking
- Small ruler