1 Credit – online
- Dates: September 14 – November 16
- Times: 6 – 9 PM
- Meetings: 10
- Days: Wednesdays
- Instructor: Richard Johnson
11 in stock
Adobe Illustrator is a tool for creating vector graphics for online or print design needs. The goal of this course is to familiarize all students with the basic principles of the creation tools available in Adobe Illustrator. The outcomes to be achieved will be student understanding of the bezier curve control tools, characteristics and limitations of vector art, construction methods for creating vector based illustrations, design preparation for successful finishing techniques, complete basic vocab and familiarity with illustrator functions.
Each class will have one hour of asynchronous learning preceding a one hour lecture and one hour lab on each day. Project days will be a full session of project focus time with check ins and individual problem solving sessions.
6:00 – 7:00 Asynchronous learning (short videos, reading materials and exercises)
7:00 – 8:00 Synchronous lecture in Google Meet which builds upon the material covered in the preceding hour
8:00 – 9:00 Asynchronous lab for project time to establish outcomes based on learning for that day.
This class must meet minimum enrollment by September 7 in order to run. Register today!
- A Gmail.com email address – PCA&D uses Google Classroom for online classes. Gmail accounts are free to create.
- Computer/tablet/internet-enabled device with mic/camera
- Internet access
- Notebook and Pen/Pencil
- Adobe Illustrator. If you do not already have access to Illustrator, please provide your Adobe ID login email address for access to an active Adobe account (NO subscription necessary) Please contact email@example.com with your Adobe ID name after registration. The College will grant you access to download the software you need for successful completion of your course starting one week before the class date and one week after the course ends.