Art Support: Business Practices for Creatives – Tips, Tricks, and Tools of the Trade
non-credit – online
- Dates: February 8
- Times: 6 – 9 PM
- Meetings: 1
- Days: Thursday
- Instructor: Zach Johnson-Medland
15 in stock
Making your creative passion into a part-time or full-time job takes a lot of courage, know-how, and a constant ability to learn and adapt. In this 3-hour online workshop, we will go over how to develop your creative business or freelance using your creative skills, and the differences between the two. We will discuss how you strategically develop your services or products and plan your pricing so that you are profitable.
In addition, we’ll talk about what goes into day-to-day operations like marketing, sales, project management, client management, and relevant software. Please make sure you come prepared with your specific creative niche or idea that you’d like to build out a business idea/plan for.
NOTE: While the information in this workshop touches on legal issues, this is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by February 1 in order to run. Register today!
- A Gmail.com email address – PCA&D uses Google Classroom for online classes. Gmail accounts are free to create.
- Computer/tablet/internet-enabled device with mic/camera
- Internet access
- Laptop or notebook for taking notes
- An idea for a business/product and how it is monetarily viable (how will you sell your product and/or services)