Beginning/Intermediate Portrait Drawing
non-credit – in person
- Dates: October 3 – 24
- Times: 6 – 9 PM
- Meetings: 4
- Days: Mondays
- Instructor: Leah Limpert Walt
14 in stock
Drawing the portrait from life has it’s challenges, but this class will give you practical skills through which you will notice results! Gain a better understanding of the structure of the head through anatomy and technical application. Discover a keener eye for, and confidence in the rhythms, gesture, and light effect in a portrait drawing through lectures and practice in the studio with a live model. A limited variety of drawing materials will be explored.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by September 26 in order to run. Register today!
You will need the following supplies for this class
- Drawing Paper no less than 80lb. OR watercolor paper
- Charcoal, Conté, Graphite, or Colored Pencil (no pastels, please)
- Blending Stump and/or Chamois cloth
- Kneaded Eraser Plastic Eraser or Mechanical Eraser Pencil Sharpener/Razor Blade and Sand Paper
- Drawing Board