Botanical Watercolor Ages 12-Adult: Intergenerational Studio
CE 188 :
non-credit – in person
- Dates: July 12 – 26
- Times: 6 – 8 PM
- Meetings: 3
- Days: Wednesdays
- Instructor: Dobe Steigelman
13 in stock
Botanical art draws together art and science in this time-honored genre. We will observe and record leaves, flowers, and more and sow the seeds for a lifetime love of drawing, painting, and documenting botanical specimens. Each class will consist of a brief discussion on the selected subjects, followed by guided instruction throughout class with instructor demonstrations along the way. The use of brush strokes, color mixing, contrast, and composition will be emphasized to create a unique and expressive work of art. Individual creativity will be encouraged. Botanical specimens will be provided but feel free to bring in your favorites! All experience levels are welcome.
Please be aware that we will work with live specimens of flowers and ferns.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by July 5 in order to run. Register today!
- 4-8 sheets of 11 x 14 cold pressed watercolor paper
- plastic eraser
- 2-3 watercolor brushes of various sizes (we will have additional sizes you may borrow during class)
- basic watercolor tray set (if you do not own one, one can be borrowed during class)
- NOTE: we will have drawing boards and artist tape to use during class time but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.