HTML & CSS
1 CREDIT – ONLINE
- Dates: Janaury 26 – March 30
- Times: 6 – 9 PM
- Meetings: 10
- Days: Thursdays
- Instructor: Morgan Wable
11 in stock
This introductory course will demystify the fundamental building blocks that are behind all forms of web design and development: HTML and CSS. Through straightforward practical exercises, you will learn the essentials of website code: basic HTML to define the content, and basic CSS to define the visual layout and style. You will also learn standards and best practices for formatting and accessibility, simple techniques for an efficient development workflow, as well as proper planning and organization as they pertain to web design. Experience with basic photo manipulation (Adobe Photoshop or equivalent) and file management are required.
Weekly Expected Hours of Engagement:
- Lecture: 90 minutes; Thursdays, from 6 to 7:30 PM (synchronous)
- Assignment: 90 minutes; Thursdays, from 7:30 – 9 PM (asynchronous)
This course must meet minimum enrollment by January 19 in order to run. Register today!
- A Gmail.com email address – PCA&D uses Google Classroom for online classes. Gmail accounts are free to create.
- Computer/tablet/internet-enabled device with mic/camera
- Internet access
- Laptop or notebook for taking notes
- The latest version of Mozilla Firefox and/or Google Chrome
- The latest version of Visual Studio Code (free for personal and commercial use)
- The book HTML & CSS: Design & Build Websites by Jon Duckett is recommended as a reference guide