Plein Air Watercolor Workshop
non-credit – in person
- Dates: June 3
- Times: 12:30 – 3:30 PM
- Meetings: 1
- Days: Saturday
- Instructor: Megan Elaine Wirick
9 in stock
This workshop will expand on the traditional method of plein-air (outdoor) painting taking place at Lancaster County Park using watercolors. This painting technique focuses on firsthand observation and perspective with the intent on informing your at home studio practice. Watercolors and watercolor papers are perfect travel companions and typically environmentally friendly artist tools that adapt to adventure. Park location will be sent with class registration confirmation.
Notes: This is an outdoor three-hour class. Please dress appropriately and for the weather. It is suggested that you bring a portable chair, stool, or blanket for sitting.
(Image by Megan Elaine Wirick – Rome, 2015)
This course must meet minimum enrollment by May 27 in order to run. Register today!
- Travel/pocket size half-pan watercolor palette (8-12 colors)
- Your choice of watercolor paper (suggest no more than 8”x10”)
- Assortment of small watercolor brushes sizes and shapes (2-10, ½”, ¾”) (Round, square wash, flat, liner, quill)
- A board to tape paper to
- Jar of water (One with a lid is helpful and)
- Optional – Tube of white gouache (or other colors) for more opaque painting
- Optional – Blanket or something to sit on like a portable stool or chair