Summer Session 2: Introduction to Digital Photography
HS 6 S2 :
non-credit – in person
- Dates: July 24 – August 4
- Times: 2 – 5 PM
- Meetings: 10
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Instructor: Nathaniel Grann
14 in stock
In this class, students in grades 9-12 will develop and explore the foundations of digital photography. Students will learn how to create technically proficient digital photographs, examine the basics of visual communication, and communicate the intentions behind their art. Working in groups and individually, students will take on various photography-related projects that encourage creative growth and lay the foundations of an appreciation for the arts.
This is a credit-bearing class and grades will be given. Please check the supply list tab for materials needed to complete this class.
This class must meet minimum enrollment by July 17 in order to run. Register today!
- Digital Camera – Any brand of DSLR camera is fine for this course. The camera must have a Manual exposure mode. Mirrorless cameras are acceptable as long as they meet the requirements listed above.
- Fixed focal length 35mm & 50mm lenses are recommended, but not required. Zoom lenses are acceptable. Remember, Digital Cameras MUST be brought to every class session. We will be doing in-class assignments and this will allow me to help troubleshoot any potential camera issues you may be having.
- Notebook/Some way to take notes