Summer Session 2: Color Lab: Exploration of Color
HS 91 S2 :
.5 credit – in person
- Dates: July 31 – August 4
- Times: 6 – 9 PM
- Meetings: 5
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Instructor: Elaina Posey
16 in stock
In this class students will explore color, color schemes, and the emotional elements of color. We will experiment with several different painting techniques and compositions. Students will translate what they have learned into a a series of dynamic still life paintings.
This is a credit-bearing class and grades will be given. Please check the supply list tab for materials needed to complete this class.
This class must meet minimum enrollment by July 24 in order to run. Register today!
- Variety of Acrylic paints ( Suggested colors: titanium white, Paynes Gray, Cadmium Yellow (light and/or medium), Allizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Medium, Cerulean and/or ultramarine blue)
- Palette or Palette Paper
- Brushes – carious sizes suitable for acrylic paints
- 9″ x 12″ Acrylic Pad or larger
- (3) 16″ x 20″ Canvases or larger
- SUGGESTED: Artist tape, drawing board, chalk pastels (various colors)