Summer Session 2 | Exploring Abstraction
1 Credit – in-person
- Dates: July 25-August 5
- Times: 6-9pm
- Meetings: 10
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Instructor: Elaina Posey
12 in stock
In this course students will explore the vast realm of non representational mark making. Students will learn about and create dynamic abstractions based on the fundamental elements of art with a focus on color, form and movement. The class will begin with a series of drawings that will set the foundation for two larger scaled paintings. Students will tap into their own intuitive art process and build confidence and skills to carry on into their own studio practice.
(Image provided by: Elaina Posey)
This is a credit-bearing course. Attendance and engagement will impact your final grade.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by July 18th in order to run. Register today!
***Please read our CCE Safety Checklist before joining us on campus***
- Vine Charcoal
- Chamois Cloth
- Soft chalk pastels set (assorted colors)
- Drawing board Drawing Pad (16″ x 20″ or larger)
- White artist tape
- Palette/Palette Paper Cup w/ lid for water (2)
- 18″ x 24″ or larger gessoed canvas/surfaces
- Acrylic Paints (Titanium white, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Mars/Ivory Black, any other colors of the artist’s choice)
- Various sized brushes/palette knife