Summer Session 2 | From 2D to 3D: Paper Sculpture and Installation
1 Credit – in-person
- Dates: July 25 – August 5
- Times: 2 – 5 PM
- Meetings: 10
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Instructor: Erin Oliver
11 in stock
In this students will explore the creative possibilities of paper by moving between two dimensional and three dimensional designs. Students will start with two dimensional collages to explore principles of design. Projects will then evolve to include using books as a medium to move between two and three dimensions. Students will explore pop-up books, tunneling through pages of books to create diorama-like vignettes. The course will close exploring large scale paper installations to encourage students to think beyond flat media and into creating dimensional experiences with unconventional materials.
This is a credit-bearing course. Attendance and engagement will impact your final grade.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by July 18th in order to run. Register today!
***Please read our CCE Safety Checklist before joining us on campus***
- Pen and sketchbook to take notes
- X-Acto Knife
- 1 roll 3M 415 Tape 1/4″ and/or 1/2″ (https://www.talasonline.com/3M-415-Tape)
- A selection of cardstock and copy paper in various colors and patterns (additional paper will be provided throughout the course)
Not required but helpful:
- eraser pen
- small lights (led strips with color options, small battery operated) to place inside the tunnelbook
- bone folder