Summer Session 2 | Observational Painting (Oils/Acrylics)
1 Credit – in-person
- Dates: July 25 – August 5
- Times: 6 – 9 PM
- Meetings: 10
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Instructor: Leah Limpert Walt
9 in stock
This course explores the relationship between seeing and painting through observational practice. Experience in layering a painting, working through resumptions, and participating in critiques will be gained. Students will learn about color, value, composition, and design as well as material handling, history, and technique.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by July 18 in order to run. Register today!
***Please read our CCE Safety Checklist before joining us on campus***
- 8 Surfaces (11″ x 14″) Your choice of: gesso primed canvas, gesso primed watercolor paper, gesso primed panel, canvas paper or oil paper, mix and match if you like.
- 1 18″ x 24″ gesso primed surface for an extended painting
- Paint (oil or acrylic)
- Ivory Black, Titanium White, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Alzarian Crimson, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber
- Variety of brushes
- Palette knife
- Palette Paper
- Cup with lid for oil medium or water
- Linseed oil for oil painters
- Soap to wash brushes (“the masters brush cleaner” or dish soap)