Writing the Occult: Poetics & Practice
non-credit – online
- Dates: October 29 – November 12
- Times: 10 AM – 12 PM
- Meetings: 3
- Days: Saturdays
- Instructor: JenMarie Macdonald
14 in stock
There is something inherently magical about writing. In this 3-week class, we will examine the relationship between writing and the occult, particularly the ways in which one not only informs but enriches the other. We will read the work of contemporary writers inspired by occult practices and learn how to incorporate occult technologies into our own writing. This class is open to writers of all experience-levels working in any genre.
This course must meet minimum enrollment by October 22 in order to run. Register today!
- A Gmail.com email address – PCA&D uses Google Classroom for online classes. Gmail accounts are free to create.
- Computer/tablet/internet-enabled device with mic/camera
- Internet access
- Spells: 21st-Century Occult Poetry edited by Rebecca Tamás and Sarah Shin (Ignota Books)
- Ideal Suggestions: Essays in Divinatory Poetics by Selah Saterstrom (Essay Press)
- Something to write with
- Something to write on