Digital Design: Print Certificate
- START DATES: February, July or September annually.
- LENGTH OF CERTIFICATE: as little as 6 months (average 12 months)
- COURSES TO COMPLETE: 4 classes total
- TUITION: $475/class
The digital design in print certificate will teach you the basic skills you need to produce print design projects. You’ll learn to use state-of-the-art graphic software programs current in the industry. A Design Principles/Typography course teaches the foundation for design work done on the computer. Other classes focus on graphic software programs for drawing (Adobe Illustrator), page layout (Adobe InDesign), and image-editing (Adobe Photoshop). This combination is essential in order to function in any field, which largely produces computer generated graphics – graphic design, publishing, marketing, and advertising. By gaining command of these software programs, you will be on your way to designing successful print pieces.
All courses are taught by working professionals who use the software they teach on a daily basis. This enables students to gain valuable insight into the expectations of the design industry.
Course of Study
- DES 150, Design Principles & Typography – tentatively scheduled for Winter 2018
- DES 151, Adobe Illustrator – tentatively scheduled for Winter 2018
- DES 152, Adobe Photoshop – register today for the Fall 2017 session
- DES 154, Adobe InDesign – tentatively scheduled for Winter 2018
Some customization may be available based on student’s experience. Assuming sufficient enrollment in all courses as they are offered, it is possible to complete each of these 4 credit programs in three academic semesters. These courses are taught on Mac computers using Adobe software or other software according to the expertise of the instructor teaching the course you choose. NOTE: Basic computer skills are required and will not be covered in class.
To receive a Pennsylvania College of Art & Design Professional Certificate, students must:
- Enter the certificate program today – no entry fee
- Meet any other additional requirements specific to each program as indicated
- Achieve an overall 2.0 G.P.A. or better