Transfer to advance your career
A bachelor's degree in art and design will move your career forward in many ways. You'll develop the credentials, confidence, and professional portfolio to pursue the most desirable opportunities in your field.
Many students learn and earn simultaneously, with a part-time schedule that combines work and school. All transfers are eligible for merit-based scholarships as an investment in the work they’ve already done. Transfers begin in the spring and fall semesters.
PERSONALIZED TRANSFER ADVISING:
Transfer Credit Evaluation, Portfolio Review, or Campus Tour
Our Transfer Coordinator is here to help you explore career paths, identify which credits will transfer, and answer all other questions about making the most of the work you’ve already done and completing your bachelor’s degree.
Personalized transfer advising will give you all the info you need- including what credits will transfer, portfolio feedback, career guidance, and scholarship opportunities. Share your transcript with us so we can start advising you on how to complete your bachelor’s degree at PCA&D. We can help you identify a schedule and a plan that meets your needs. Meet us online or visit our campus in downtown Lancaster for a personal tour with our transfer coordinator.
Expectations for Transfers
- Applicants may transfer up to a maximum of 90 eligible credits toward completion of the BFA degree at PCA&D.
- Credit is awarded based on an evaluation of the student’s portfolio, course descriptions, and college transcripts, provided the student earned a grade of “C” or better in all 100 level or higher courses.
- Transfer credits will be accepted from post-secondary institutions with one or more of the following types of accreditation: regional, state, or professional.
- After acceptance, PCA&D requires descriptions of all courses taken to build a Transfer Credit Evaluation. This evaluation will determine the level at which they will enter into PCA&D’s educational structure. These course descriptions may be copied from a college catalog or website.
- Transfer students must have completed comparable coursework to be considered for advanced placement within a major. Otherwise, they will enroll in six studio art courses, two art history courses, and two liberal arts courses to complete the Foundation Year program at PCA&D.
2 + 2 TRANSFER AGREEMENTS
To make the transfer transition smoother from other colleges to Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, 2+2 articulation agreements allow students who meet the qualifications below to complete an additional 2 years at PCA&D and graduate with a 4-year BFA degree.
- Bucks County Community College
- Cecil College
- Delaware College of Art & Design
- Delaware County Community College
- Hagerstown Community College
- Harford Community College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Montgomery College
HOW TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER; TRANSFER INFORMATION SESSION
Be savvy about making the most of your education investment. Learn more about the professional and specialized skills in art and design that are sought by employers and clients. Reflect on how to best match your passion, your skills, and your career potential– and how a bachelor’s degree at PCA&D will help you do this. Attend a small group, virtual info session with our Transfer Coordinator.
Let me help you get started
Connect with our Transfer Coordinator, Bonnie Kern, and she‘ll help you get started.