Job Description: IT Infrastructure Support Specialist
Reports to: Director for Operations
The IT Infrastructure Support Specialist is responsible for implementation and support for all the infrastructure technology at the Pennsylvania College of Art and Design, a multi-platform environment; assists the IT department in campus support operations, including help desk, technology training, end user computing, classroom technologies, computer lab management, professional printing technologies, learning management system operation, voice and video technologies and IT assets.
To provide effective technical support for all technology hardware and related equipment in an Art& Design academic environment. Perform skilled work in the installation, diagnoses and maintenance of equipment and network inventory. To work as part of a technology team under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years experience supporting and repairing computer systems.
- Server Administration Experience – Windows, MacOS X, Linux
- Web Technologies – Apache, PHP, MySQL, WordPress, CSS, HTML
- Virtualization Experience – VMWare
- Storage Administration – Attached and NFS/NAS solutions
- Infrastructure Services – DNS, DHCP, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Active Directory, Open Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Productivity products: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to maintain technology equipment inventory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Team oriented skills, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to write technical reports
- Work with little supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair both Macintosh and PC computer systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the technology infrastructure of the college to support core IT functions
- Assist the college in efforts to develop online resources
- Provision new servers and services to support technology growth and new academic initiatives
- Maintain institutional hardware and software inventory
- Install and support desktop services for faculty and staff
- Maintain a supply of essential spare parts needed to repair and coordinate with suppliers for scheduled repairs.
- Prepare periodic reports to the Director of Operations on maintenance and equipment inventory.
- Participate in the planning and design of the academic computing and information systems.
- Provide technology training and support for faculty, students and staff.
- Provide off-hours support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
Technology Currently in Use: Enterasys Switches, Mac OSX, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7 clients, Linux Servers, VMWare virtualization, HP SAN, Zimbra Collaboration, MS SQL, MySQL, Web technologies, Ellucian PowerCampus, PaperCut, PowerFAIDS, VOIP, IP Cameras, Spiceworks, monitoring systems
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references online to: Jobs@pcad.edu with IT Tech as the subject line.
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.