Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is searching for a Disbursements and Benefits Coordinator for a small (250 BFA students) professional art college.
Job Description Summary
The Disbursements and Benefits Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Finance and the Director of Operations for the overall support of all the administrative and financial functions of the department; coordinates all disbursements from the College; manages the administration of all employee benefits: is a primary contact for the general ledger and financial computing systems: supports the Directors of Finance and Operations in the overall control of College assets and Human Resource functions. The Disbursements and Benefits Coordinator also works with the Bursar to establish good cross training and controls for all financial functions.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires an associate’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience working with accounting software.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work.
- Strong organizing and time management/planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment or work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualification Summary
Experience in a higher education or non-profit environment preferred
- Prepares and records journal entries
- Accounts Payable processing
- Assists in the preparation of annual 1099s
- Coordinates the capitalization, depreciation and disposal functions for Fixed Assets
- Monitors cash controls for all areas disbursing cash payments
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Coordination of annual audit responsibilities with the audit team,
- Payroll processing
- Maintains personnel files
- Benefit administration
- General administrative support to the Directors of Finance and Operations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references online to: firstname.lastname@example.org with DISBURSEMENTS as the subject line.
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
Position start date: August 14, 2017