February 18, 2023 | 9am to 9pm
In the span of one day…
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design students and faculty members (and countless gallons of coffee) will be tapped to create professional-quality design materials to benefit local non-profits during PCA&D’s 15th annual Designathon on February 18, 2023.
Designathon is an annual event held by the college’s American Institute of Graphic Arts Student Chapter (AIGA). The event provides professional-quality design services at no charge to area non-profits and to the community at large. Students at PCA&D who participate in the Designathon gain real-world experience in creating projects for clients under a tight, one-day deadline. They learn that non-profits have very real marketing needs in order to be successful and that strong graphic design on well-organized collateral pieces is a vital component in successful communications and marketing plans. More importantly, students experience the value of giving back to the community.
Want to be part of Designathon?
If you are a non-profit with the need for high-quality design work, you can submit an application to be part of Designathon. Here’s how:
- Complete the design application and email to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design, by January 1 mail to: email@example.com.
- If selected, send logos, photos, and other pertinent material to Pam Barby by January 15.
- Select a representative or representatives to virtually meet with your assigned student group at 9 am on February 18 and give a brief presentation about your organization and the design work you are requesting.
- The same representative(s) will need to return at 9 pm for the student group presentation, to accept the completed project.
- Follow the visibility guidelines by sharing your organization’s participation in Designathon and giving credit to PCA&D students for their work.
Questions about the application and process may be sent to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design.
Questions about the visibility guidelines may be sent to Daina Savage, Vice President of Strategic Communications.
Learn more here.