Recent accomplishments in the PCA&D community
. . .
Friday, November 17th, 2023
- Images and Echoes, an exhibition by Photography & Video students, is on display through Nov. 23 in the Photo Hallway Gallery. The show features work by Hannah Aust ’24, Jenna Cervone ’24, Leona Hatch ’24, Alexander Smith ’24, Jason Wagner ’24, and Cameren White ’24.
- There’s a new edition of the PCA&D-Zayed Photography Exchange Blog, the result of a cultural exchange between photography students at PCA&D, and the College of Art and Creative Enterprise, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The theme of this edition is Manipulate, Revive & Remake. PCA&D students whose work is featured in this edition include Hannah Aust ’24, Photography & Video; Paul Bonilla ’26, Graphic Design; Jenna Cervone ’24, Photography & Video; Frankie Detwiler ’26, Photography & Video; Ryan Gano ’26, Graphic Design; Leona Hatch ’24, Photography & Video; Emma Ries, ’26, Graphic Design; Alexander Smith, ’24, Photography & Video; Isaiah Ukih ’26, Graphic Design; Jason Wagner ’24, Photography & Video; Cameren White ’25, Photography & Video; and Sam Yesko ’26, Photography & Video. See the full collection here.
- The Night Trees exhibition by Marietta Art Alive, through Nov. 19 at MH Art Gallery and Studio, Marietta, features works by faculty member and alumnus Matt Allyn Chapman and alumna Nicole Duquette. Chapman, ’08, is an adjunct instructor in Fine Art and Foundation. Duquette, also an ’08 graduate, is co-owner with Chapman of curio. Gallery & Creative Supply in Lancaster. You can get an online preview of the exhibition, including Chapman and Duquette’s works, here.
- Congratulations to the four PCA&D students who won elections last month naming them to leadership roles in the College’s Student Council. Officers for 2023-2024 are President Laurence Jacoby ’25, Illustration; Vice President Link Ross ’26, Illustration; Treasurer Erin Bazor ’25, Illustration; and Secretary Oakley Buscarino ’26, Animation & Game Art.
- Photographs and Other Objects, a solo exhibition featuring the work of David Johanson (Adjunct, Photography & Video) opened Oct. 23 in the Sykes Gallery, Millersville University, and will run through Dec. 15. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
- Congratulations to Ashley Moog Bowlsbey, Photography & Video adjunct instructor and member of the PCA&D Class of 2012, for her election as Treasurer of the Society of Photographic Education, Mid-Atlantic Region. The SPE is a worldwide forum for fostering understanding of photography in all its forms and related media.
- Frankie Reed ’23, Graphic Design, has created the logo and brand guidelines for the Lancaster County LGBTQ+ Giving Circle.
- Kelsie Reimer Fischer ’23, Fine Art, a designer on Philadelphia’s Main Line, recently curated Faces, Places, and Liminal Spaces at the Fine Arts Center Gallery, Blue Bell. The show is open through December 15. Works in the show were borrowed from Eastern University’s private Goebel collection.