The Design Professional: Print Certificate will teach you the skills you need to produce print design projects. You’ll learn to use state-of-the-art graphic software programs currently in the industry. Our Effective Design: Color & Typography course teaches the foundation for all design work. Other classes focus on graphic software programs for logo and vector image creation (Adobe Illustrator), page layout (Adobe InDesign), and image-editing (Adobe Photoshop). This combination is essential in order to function in the field of graphic design, publishing, marketing, and advertising. By gaining command of these software programs, you will be on your way to designing successful print pieces.
- Courses are offered at varying times year round. Select classes begin in January, May, July, and September
- LENGTH OF CERTIFICATE: As little as 6 months (average 12 months)
- COURSES TO COMPLETE: 4 classes total. Some customization may be available based on student’s experience.
- To receive a Certificate, students must achieve an overall 2.0 G.P.A. or better.
- These courses are taught using Adobe software or other software. Basic computer skills are required and will not be covered in class.
- Understand how to effectively use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to produce print projects
- Learn how to create dynamic, visual content
- Develop effective design skills in color, composition, and typography
- Learn how to package and save files for print
Course of Study
- DES 150, Effective Design: Color & Typography
- DES 151, Adobe Illustrator
- DES 152, Adobe Photoshop
- DES 154, Adobe InDesign
$485 per class
How to Register
Enrolling in one of PCA&D’s Certificate Programs is simple. Confirm your intent to pursue one of our certificates by filling out an application.
If you have any questions regarding mapping out a plan, upcoming class schedules, or completing your certificate, please contact the Center for Creative Exploration at 717.396.7833 ext 1005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.