Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s Design Professional: Web Certificate will teach you the principles of design and composition essential to effective design for the web. This series of design courses train students on the software programs used to create websites for businesses, family, friends, or themselves. All courses are taught by working professionals who use the tools they teach on a daily basis. This enables students to gain valuable insight into the expectations of the design industry.
You begin with Effective Design: Color & Typography, laying the foundation for all future design work. You will then learn the basics of hypertext markup language (HTML) and cascading style sheets (CSS), which are critical to all web design projects. You can then choose to explore the fundamentals of UX/UI or WordPress and further your skills in creating dynamic content in Adobe Photoshop or Introduction to Motion Graphics.
- Courses are offered at varying times year round. Select classes begin in January, May, July, and September
- These courses are taught using Adobe software or other software. Basic computer skills are required and will not be covered in class.
- LENGTH OF CERTIFICATE: As little as 6 months (average 12 months)
- COURSES TO COMPLETE: 4 classes total. Some customization may be available based on student’s experience.
- To receive a Certificate, students must achieve an overall 2.0 G.P.A. or better.
- Understand the language and structure of HTML and CSS
- Learn how to create dynamic, visual content
- Develop effective design skills in color, composition, and typography
- Learn how to manipulate and export images for web use
Course of Study
- DES 150, Effective Design: Color & Typography
- DES 152, Adobe Photoshop or DES 162, WordPress
- DES 155, HTML & Website Design
- DES 165, UX/UI
$485 per class
How to Register
Enrolling in one of PCA&D’s Certificate Programs is simple. Confirm your intent to pursue one of our certificates by filling out an application.
If you have any questions regarding mapping out a plan, upcoming class schedules, or completing your certificate, please contact the Center for Creative Exploration at 717.396.7833 ext 1005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.