Live Entertainment & Experience Design
This program has been submitted to NASAD for Plan Approval and is under review for NASAD accreditation.
Live Entertainment and Experience Design is a unique degree that is designed to prepare professional artists and designers to work in a wide range of disciplines that fall within the Entertainment and Experience industries. These rapidly growing industries are transforming the ways in which people interact with and consume entertainment. From world-renowned live celebrations such as halftime shows at major sporting events, rock concerts, theatrical stage performances, and curated retail experiences, entertainment experiences are designed to engage in a range of senses. Designers intentionally use narratives built through multiple media–visual, aural, and tactile–to stimulate strong emotional reactions to brands, performers, and stories.
Students majoring in Live Entertainment & Experience Design will graduate with a broad set of critical thinking, designing, and making skills. LEED graduates will possess skills that allow them access to a broader range of professional pathways in the industry. Industry specialists are looking for students who can design, make, think, do, and manage small and large projects. Through foundational lecture courses in business and arts’ history, practical field experience, and hands-on studio work, this multimedia and interdisciplinary program grounds students in fundamental knowledge in theatre, music, material and fabrication design, sound and lighting, scenic design, virtual and augmented reality, and special effects.
Students will also be exposed to a business & entrepreneurship curriculum that includes coursework in business, finance, entrepreneurship, project management, teamwork & collaboration, and critical thinking.
As requirements for graduation, students will participate in an internship program in a related professional environment and will create an exciting interactive experiential environment as part of the Senior Show & Celebration. This degree, with a focus on practical business-related courses and highly desired skill sets, will prepare students to meet the demands of an exciting and growing job market.
Students who successfully complete the program will...
- Formulate and apply concepts in their work via formal expression, conceptual development, and contextual dialogue.
- Demonstrate a range of the latest innovation and technological skills necessary for employment in the live entertainment and experience design industries.
- Formulate and apply critical analysis to their work and the work of others while benefiting from collaboration among disciplines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry and the relevancy of their work in the context of that industry, the industry’s history and emerging trends, and the broader culture and community.
- Engage in the business and practical realities of the field, understand and employ appropriate business trends and standards, and develop a body of work relevant to acquiring work in their chosen industry.
Technology Requirements for All Majors »
About Foundation & Liberal Arts »
Show All Degree Programs »