Designathon 2020: 24 hours for non-profits 12th annual Designathon February 21 & 22, 2020 Begins at 6 p.m. on 2/21/20 Over a 24 hour period…
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design students and faculty members (and countless gallons of coffee) will be tapped to create professional-quality design materials to benefit local non-profits during PCA&D’s 12th annual Designathon on February 21 & 22, 2020, beginning at 6 p.m. February 21. The 24-hour Designathon is an annual event held by the college’s American Institute of Graphic Arts Student Chapter (AIGA) that provides professional-quality design services at no charge to area non-profits and to the community-at-large. Students at PCA&D who participate in the Designathon gain real-world experience in creating projects for clients under a tight, 24-hour deadline. They learn that non-profits have very real marketing needs in order to be successful and that strong graphic design on well-organized collateral pieces are vital components in successful communications and marketing plans. More importantly, students experience the value of giving back to the community.If you are a non-profit with the need for high-quality design work, you can submit an application to be part of Designathon. Here’s how:
Want to be part of Designathon?
- Complete the design application and email to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design, by January 31.
- If selected, send logos, photos and other pertinent material to Pam Barby by February 5.
- Send a representative or representatives to PCA&D on Friday, February 21, 6:00 p.m. to meet with your assigned student group and give a brief presentation about your organization and the design work you are requesting.
- The same representative(s) will need to return on Saturday, February 22, 4:00 p.m. for the student group presentation, to accept the completed project.
- Follow the visibility guidelines by sharing your organization’s participation in Designathon and giving credit to PCA&D students for their work.