Designathon 2021 13th annual Designathon March 13, 2021 Begins at 9 am, ends at 8 pm. In the span of one day…
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design students and faculty members (and countless gallons of coffee) will be tapped to create professional-quality design materials to benefit local non-profits during PCA&D’s 13th annual Designathon on March 13. Designathon is an annual event held by the college’s American Institute of Graphic Arts Student Chapter (AIGA) that provides professional-quality design services at no charge to area non-profits and to the community-at-large. Students at PCA&D who participate in the Designathon gain real-world experience in creating projects for clients under a tight, one-day deadline. They learn that non-profits have very real marketing needs in order to be successful and that strong graphic design on well-organized collateral pieces is a vital component in successful communications and marketing plans. More importantly, students experience the value of giving back to the community.If you are a non-profit with the need for high-quality design work, you can submit an application to be part of Designathon. Here’s how:
Want to be part of Designathon?
- Complete the design application and email to Pam Barby, Chair of Graphic Design, by February 10.
- If selected, send logos, photos, and other pertinent material to Pam Barby by February 15.
- Select a representative or representatives to virtually meet with your assigned student group at 9 am on March 13 and give a brief presentation about your organization and the design work you are requesting.
- The same representative(s) will need to return online at 8 pm for the student group presentation, to accept the completed project.
- Follow the visibility guidelines by sharing your organization’s participation in Designathon and giving credit to PCA&D students for their work.