Health and Safety Contacts
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design takes an active role in ensuring the safety of its students, faculty, and staff. Students at PCA&D are taught to take basic cautionary steps and use common sense, just as they would in any other urban environment. The College’s entrance is secured at all times and all external visitors to the College are required to check in with the guard.
In addition, PCA&D has day and evening security to monitor our facilities while students are in the classroom and using studio space. The College is an active member of downtown safety organizations, which employ additional police coverage in our area in the evening hours. In addition, the City’s police headquarters is located across the street from the College.
If you have an emergency, dial 911
- Lancaster City Police 717-664-1180
- Ambulance and Fire 717-664-1190
Mental Health Services
- Dean of Students, Maria Provencher 717-396-833 ext. 1025
- Crisis Intervention 717-394-2631
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 or just 988
- FREE Crisis Text Line: Text MHA to 741-741
- Planned Parenthood 717-299-2891
- Lancaster General Hospital 717-290-5511
- Union Community Care