A revolutionary way to do business: digital marketing
Wednesday, November 25th, 2015
Digital marketing has revolutionized the way business people do business. In the 21st century, mastery of social media and online marketing tools and strategies is essential to successful business operations. Reaching far beyond traditional marketing media, businesses today must open the lines of communication with customers and potential customers to develop valuable interactive online relationships using tools unheard of as recently as ten years ago.
Social media should be an important part of your media mix, one that can’t be approached with a traditional media mindset. The social media mindset requires us to understand how and why people use social media in the first place.
Here are some tips for making the most of this interactive, exciting method of marketing that allows you to reach directly to your prospective customers.
- Good storytelling is key to successful digital marketing campaigns.
- Talk about the human side of your events and opportunities.
- Photos always help narrate the story.
- Word of mouth is the best form of marketing and communication and social media gives your customers the tools to talk about you.
- Social media doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Your customers and followers on social media expect to interact with you –in other words carry on a conversation with them!
Learn the tools, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, email marketing platforms, mobile apps, and blogging, to expand your knowledge and use of these exciting communication channels through PCA&D’s Social Media Marketing & Communications Certificate.
- Optimize your use of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, your company’s website, and emerging social media platforms
- Develop and manage branding strategies using social media
- Gain skills to create and operate a dynamic blog, and learn how to drive traffic there
- Learn how social media tools interrelate and the most effective ways to use them
- Learn how to design a social media marketing strategy for your business or organization
- Develop appropriate content to improve your organization’s engagement with target audiences
- Evaluate the effectiveness of social media efforts with analytics and metrics
Start this winter by taking one of the five courses that make up the curriculum for the Social Media Marketing & Communications Certificate. Three courses will begin in January:
- SM 101, Introduction to Social Media Marketing & Communications
- SM 104, Email Content Strategy & Design
- DES 155, HTML & Website Design
Learn more at pcad.edu/ce.