Catching up: Recent accomplishments in our PCA&D community
. . .
Saturday, July 2nd, 2022
- A mural by Salina Almazar-Oree, Program Coordinator at the Center for Creative Exploration, recently was unveiled at the Hispanic Center Lehigh Valley in Bethlehem. De Boriken, al Mundo is a tribute to baseball star Roberto Clemente in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of his death while on a humanitarian mission. “I admire (Clemente) for his dedication to his craft and his sense of dedication and obligation to humanity,” Almanzar-Oree told The Morning Call. “The halo elevates Clemente to a kind of saint, reflecting both on his dedication to helping historically oppressed communities and his record-breaking talent in baseball.” Learn more here.
- Justin Carney ’20, Photography & Video, has work on display in The Chosen Image, an exhibition through July 2 at Praxis Gallery/Photo Center in Minneapolis. Carney currently is an MFA student in Photography at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Bill Dussinger, Graphic Design/Illustration adjunct, helped shepherd a student project that has created permanent infographic displays at Lancaster Science Factory. the displays educate children about plants, insects, and the environment, and are part of a permanent outdoor walking path.
- Work by Alex Eggleston ’23, Photography & Video, has been included in the 2022 National Council on Aging Photo Award exhibition. The exhibition, just 20 photos out of hundreds of entries, focused on how artists share their stories of older adults and those who have been caregivers for their loved ones. Eggleston depicted their mother and their late grandmother, who had Alzheimer’s. You can see more of their work at @alosersphotos.
- Natalie Lascek, Director of PCA&D’s Center for Creative Exploration, and the Center’s Program Coordinator, Salina Almanzar-Oree, recently appeared on TCP: The Cultured Professional to discuss CCE’s youth, pre-college, and adult programming and certificates. If you’d like to hear more about what’s new at CCE, a link to the CCE interview is here; forward to the 1:16 mark.
- Center for Creative Exploration instructor Nichole Madonna collaborated with Jay Shelor ’24, Illustration, to create a zine for Lancaster Conservancy’s Water Week celebrations. The zine focuses on important macroinvertebrates that indicate the health of waterways.
- Mak Sherrid ’24, Illustration, won third place overall at the June Lititz Quick Draw plein air event. Several PCA&D faculty, including Bill Dussinger, Sheri Hansen, and Jason Ward, and alumna Amelia Mellberg ’21, Illustration, were recognized by organizers for their participation.
- Work by PCA&D faculty and alumni was among the posts shared in June by Photography & Video Chair Eric Weeks during his weeklong takeover of the Instagram for Society for Photographic Education, Northeast Chapter. Visit @spe_ne on Instagram to see more.
Share this article with a friend
TAGS : Accomplishments, Alex Eggleston, Amelia Mellberg, Bill Dussinger, Eric Weeks, Jason Ward, Jay Shelor, Justin Carney, Mak Sherrid, Nichole Madonna, Sheri Hansen