Wednesday, October 28th, 2020
College Open House set for Nov. 7: Learn what being #PCADProud is all about
If you know a young, creative person who’s wondering what in the world a BFA degree is, and what value it holds, a PCA&D Open House is a great place to start asking your questions.
If you’re wondering what,exactly, PCA&D teaches that enables our students to become working artists and designers, we’ll be happy to talk about that, too.
Open House: Info Sessions & Portfolio Reviews Saturday, Nov. 7
Info Sessions: 11 am to 12:30 pm
Portfolio Reviews: 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
Our faculty of experienced, working artists and designers have a fantastic track record of preparing graduates for life in the innovative workplace. Individualized guidance, close-knit classes and a constantly evolving and expanding curriculum all make it possible for PCA&D students to forge personalized college experiences.
Our Open House Info Sessions & Portfolio Reviews on Saturday, Nov. 7 are your next chance to explore what PCA&D is all about.
Highlights of the Open House include:
- A “pick-your-own-adventure” format which allows you to choose the sessions, and topics, which most interest you.
- A chance to explore the majors we offer.
- Learning how your first year – your Foundation year — exposes you to all PCA&D possibilities and sets you up for success.
- The opportunity to meet with representatives from Student Life and Housing, who can outline how those work together to enhance the PCA&D experience.
- A session with our Financial Aid Director,, where you can learn more about that very important part of applying to college.
- The opportunity for an individual portfolio review with Admissions Counselors.that will give you valuable feedback on how to prepare your artwork for PCA&D admission.
If you still have questions after your Open House sessions — no problem! We’ll walk you through our application process and help to guide you in your next steps to becoming a PCA&D student.
Interested? Here’s what to do next:
- Register for the Open House. Go here to find the form online.
- On the Confirmation Page, you’ll find links to help you explore our website, and maybe answer some of your most pressing questions.
- Once you’ve registered, be on the lookout for an email from our Admissions Department Team. It will outline what happens next, and how you can best prepare for the Open House.
We understand that “visiting” PCA&D at an online Open House during a pandemic is a real change from seeing our campus and studio facilities in person.
Preserving our creative community — our focus for taking pandemic precautions — remains vital through this semester’s mix of hybrid online and in-person instruction.
The core of what PCA&D offers our students, close faculty mentorship and professional artistic preparation, remains the same.
The PCA&D Admissions Team has a full calendar of online events coming up. You can find the schedule here. We welcome emails, too, at firstname.lastname@example.org.