Recent accomplishments in our PCA&D community
. . .
Friday, February 10th, 2023
The work of former Fine Art Alumni Artist in Residence Jason Herr ’16 is part of Idle Times: Pop Disorder, a group exhibition through Feb. 4 at Current Space gallery, studio, and performance space in Baltimore. Learn more here.
- Aubrey Maurer ’22, Fine Art, is featured in a solo exhibition opening this month at the Sykes Gallery, Millersville University. Strictly Unconventional, sculptures exploring the relationship between human experience and the natural world, opens Feb. 27 with a reception from 5:30-7 pm and runs through March 24. Maurer (on instagram at @aubrey_m._) is the university’s Emerging Artist in Residency.
- Graphic Design adjunct Tom Newmaster was recently featured on the podcast Awakened Nation. Host Brad Szollose talked to Newmaster, founder and creative director of FORCEpkg in Lancaster, about creating a business with your spouse and letting your geeky interests influence your brand. You can listen in here.
- Congratulations to Director of Exhibitions Alex Schaufele, whose Artist’s Workwear pattern design recently was accepted and featured by Finland-based Tauko Magazine. The shirt, with a deeply curved hem, cuffed sleeves, and snap placket, can be seen in more detail on Schaufele’s Instagram here and you can see more of the sewing and lifestyle magazine here.
- Prof. Aaron Thompson (Fine Art/Foundation) recently was part of the Winslow Art Center‘s series of artist chats. During his talk with the Bainbridge Island, Wash. center’s Martha Jordan, Thompson discusses the importance of working directly from observation and how it informs his process. You can listen to the full recording of his interview here.
- Prof. Jason Ward (Adjunct, Foundation/Illustration) has been an artist in residence at Lancaster’s North Museum of Nature and Science since last year. “This residency has allowed me incredible access to the museum’s collection, both what’s on display to the public as well as what’s been stored behind closed doors,” he said in a pcad_fineart Instagram post. “During the summer of 2022, I began working on a series of paintings from the museum’s dinosaur collection. Over the course of several months, I painted from observation right on the museum floor.”
- Rachel Yinger ’14, Fine Art, has joined PCA&D’s Center for Creative Exploration as Program Coordinator, Adult & Pre-College. Yinger, who serves as an instructor at Moore College of Art & Design, also has worked since 2019 with Philadelphia Printworks, an independent clothing brand inspired by past and present social justice movements. She has experience as a gallery director, curator, events coordinator, studio assistant, and teaching assistant, and has exhibited extensively.
Share this article with a friend
TAGS : Aaron Thompson, Alex Schaufele, Aubrey Maurer, Jason Herr, Jason Ward, Rachel Yinger, Tom Newmaster