Recent accomplishments in the PCA&D community
Friday, April 15th, 2022
Seniors in the Fine Art and Photography & Video departments in April presented Artist Lectures outlining their senior thesis work. The April 4 event is connected to the Professional Practices 2 class taught by Prof. Matt Chapman. Presenting students include Cassandra Aaron, Isiah Bates, Adelaide Biehn, Woodrow Clapper, Kylie Hileman, Ryn Martino, Aubrey Maurer, Na’Chelle Morris, Callie Morton, Emily Reifsnyder, Cheyenne Snow, Nicole Stoltzfus, Kennedy Toomey, and Jaymi Vilardo.
- Otherworldly, the most recent installment in the photographic blog exchange with Zayed University in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, features the work of 16 PCA&D students. Congratulations to Hannah Aust, Mariangelica Burgos, Jenna Cervone, Woodrow Clapper, Alex Eggleston, Olivia Koziel, Cassandra Kull, Na’Chelle Morris, Rachel O’Brien, Emily Reifsnyder, Mark Shyshkovskyy, Alexander Xander Smith, Cheyenne Snow, Nicole Stoltzfus, Kennedy Toomey, and Sabrina Worthington. This project was founded and is curated by Prof. Yiannis Galanopoulos-Papavasileiou of Zayed University and Prof. Eric Weeks of PCA&D. Check out all of the work in Otherworldly at the link here.
- Christina Clemente and Jose Rosado, both Class of 2022 Graphic Design majors, won recognition in Graphic Design USA’s annual national packaging competition. Clemente is secretary of the student AIGA chapter and a Designathon participant, and Rosado is completing an internship with FORCEpkg. You can see their work here.
- Kathleen Eastwood-Riaño, a member of the Foundation faculty, is one of three artists featured in this year’s Wind Challenge Exhibition Series at Fleisher Art Memorial, Philadelphia. The Wind Challenge is an annual juried competition committed to featuring the work of exceptional artists in the region. This year the theme of relationships unifies the work of this exhibition, Wind Challenge 3. Wind Challenge 3 is open through April 23; also exhibiting are Hratch Babikian and Mostafa Darwish.
- Congratulations to Dzifa Lassey ’24, Graphic Design, who last month was awarded the 2022 Diversity Scholarship by CUPRAP at its annual Spring conference. CUPRAP, the College and University Public Relations and Associated Professionals organization, includes representatives from nearly 100 institutions. It presents one scholarship annually based on academic ability, communications skills, and creativity as demonstrated through work samples. Lassey also serves as President of the College’s Student Council.
- The senior thesis work of Adam Leitzel ‘20, Photography & Video, was published in March on the website of aint-bad.com, an independent publisher of contemporary art.
- Tom Newmaster, an adjunct instructor in Graphic Design and founder of FORCEpkg, a design and branding firm, recently was published by packaging-journal.de, a German-language industry site. Newmaster examines the effectiveness of three current packaging design trends: minimalist, understated design; bundling products to give a sense of value; and extending current brands with “premium” upgrades.
- Thank you to Mark Shyshkovskyy ’23, Photography & Video, for helping to organize the College’s response to the ongoing refugee crisis in Ukraine. Members of the PCA&D community are collecting clothing, personal hygiene items, and nonperishable food to donate to a relief drive being held by Bethany Slavic Church in Ephrata, Lancaster County. More information on the relief drive can be found here.
- New work from Pacifico Silano ’08, Photography, debuted in Camera Austria International No. 157. These new works will be part of a two-location solo show opening April 1 at Rubber Factory and Fragment Gallery, contemporary art galleries in New York.
Share this article with a friend
TAGS : Adam Leitzel, Adelaide Biehn, Alex Eggleston, alumni, Aubrey Maurer, Callie Morton, Cassandra Aaron, Cassandra Kull, Cheyenne Snow, christina clemente, Dzifa Lassey, Emily Reifsnyder, faculty, Hannah Aust, Isiah Bates, Jaymi Vilardo, Jenna Cervone, jose rosado, Kathleen Eastwood-Riañp, Kennedy Toomey, Kylie Hileman, Mariangelica Burgos, Mark Shyshkovskyy, Na'Chelle Morris, Nicole Stoltzfus, Olivia Koziel, Pacifico Silano, Rachel O'Brien, Ryn Martino, Sabrina Worthington, staff, student art, Students, Tom Newmaster, Woodrow Clapper, Xander Smith