Each year, student council officers and class representatives are elected by their peers. The entire PCA&D student body is encouraged to attend student council meetings to share ideas about how to enhance the student experience. Student Council meets twice a month during the school year. Among the many activities Student Council hosts, some students’ favorites include the Friendship Lunch, Halloween Party, Drag Gala, Spirit Week, and Spring Picnic.
Duties of each position
Student Council officers are elected every year and their term of office is one year.
- Lead student council meetings
- Act as liaison between the student council and the student body and PCA&D Leadership
- Oversee the E-Council and all operations associated with Student Council events
- Meet regularly with Director of Student Life
- Co-lead student council meetings
- Assume responsibilities of President in the President’s absence
- Oversee the General Board of Representatives and club/org Presidents
- Keep accurate notes (“minutes”) of student council meetings
- Work with President and VP to set agenda and schedule of meetings
- Act as communications coordinator and manage the student council email account.
Chair of Marketing and Promotions
- Work with E-Council to discuss topics such as budgets and contracts, marketing plans, and the selection of advertising media
- Plan promotional campaigns such as contests, coupons, or giveaways
- Plan advertising, including use of Social Media platforms, print, and email communications.
Chair of Events and Activities
- Coordinate engagement activities to be held throughout the semester
- Provide master schedule of events and activities to the E-Council and General Board
- Recruit volunteers for event set-up, facilitation, and tear down
- Represent the interests and feelings of the class in Student Council’s decision making
- Bring ideas, interests, and concerns of classmates to the meetings
- Entitled to one (1) vote and are required to attend monthly Student Council meetings
- The term of office for each representative is one year
Club and Organization Presidents
- Act as primary student contact for the club/organization
- Work with Advisor to oversee club/organization operations and processes